Class from 9:00am* until about 5:40pm. The class meets in Cilker 116.
* Note this is an hour later than listed in the schedule. Cuz we stayed late the night before.
We will be outside on campus for several hours. Wear clothing appropriate for the day's weather and "off sidewalk" travel.
- Using an Unfamiliar Map
- Compass evaluation
- Homework Review & Questions, Quiz Review
- More Useful GPS Techniques
- Routes & CDI, Data Fields, Map View, Geofencing, Track Logs
- Lot 2 Bearing & Distance – Field Exercise
- Lunch Time
- Eat lunch
- Continue with the "Great Wilderness Navigation Game"
- Your Navigation Tool Kit
- Orienting yourself and your Map
- Finding North Parlor Tricks
- Locating yourself on the map
- Route Planning and Following
- Low Visibility Virtual Hike – Classroom Exercise
- Low Visibility Route Finding – Field Exercise
Weekend 2 - Saturday